In the last ten years, we have managed to collect and process more than 4.150 tons of used cooking oil (UCO) from the food industry in Macedonia. We have also introduced an innovative eco system for collection of used cooking oil from the household sector. Our new household collection system provides practical eco solutions with the view of increasing public awareness on the importance of UCO recycling and implementing country-wide waste management standards. With a national collection network, modern system for storage and treatment of used cooking oil and well-established export channels with the biodiesel market in Austria, Sunilens has made a significant contribution to green circular economy and promotion of eco-friendly values. Utilization of UCO as feedstock for producing renewable energy (biodiesel) decreases environmental pollution and improves waste management practices.
- We provide eco services with high environmental standards to every industrial producer of used cooking oil. We implement educational projects, promotional activities and initiatives for increasing the public awareness on the benefits of proper UCO collection in the household sector.
- Sunilens provides special containers for collection of used cooking oil for adequate disposal of the liquid waste by each UCO producer.
- When we collect the used cooking oil, we deliver new clean containers for continuous and hygienic UCO disposal.
- We have highly developed collection network for reliable transportation of UCO to the storage facility in our Waste Management Department.
- We process the used cooking oil we collect by using a modern waste management system, including the following procedures: de-packing, heating, filtering, sedimentation in inox tanks and purification.
- The final product – eco feedstock for renewable energy – is delivered to our clients for biodiesel production.
- Production of high quality biodiesel by renowned companies following the highest European standards, EN 14214.
Each litre of used cooking oil we collect is recycled in the process of biodiesel production, contributing to 80% reduction in CO2 emission.
As a socially responsible company we are fully dedicated to applying sustainable green practices for producing renewable energy from used cooking oil i.e. circular economy. In order to increase our efficiency and cost-effectiveness, we also produce biodiesel from used cooking oil, which is used only for our operational purposes – transport and heating.
By recycling used cooking oil we are able to extract further economic and environmental values from this material, which is considered as waste. The goal of our green business model is to contribute to the development of circular economy that should replace the current largely linear economy of using resources once and disposing them, with one in which resources circulate at high value (avoiding or reducing the need for completely new resources). This circular economy approach facilitates greater resource productivity and positions our society to better address resource deficiencies expected in the future.
What is biodiesel?
Biodiesel is a type of biofuel that is an alternative to the fossil fuels, significantly reducing harmful CO2 emissions. It is produced from rapeseed oil and by recycling used cooking oils and fats.
Impact on the environment
Biodiesel is a renewable and sustainable source of energy that does not contain sulphur. This environment-friendly fuel is produced from used cooking oil that is otherwise dumped in the environment or at landfills. When UCO is used as eco feedstock for biodiesel production, it contributes to cleaner environment and circular green economy. Because of its bio degradation properties and low greenhouse gas emissions, biodiesel is good for the environment.
We collect your used cooking oil with compensation and provide special containers and collection packages.
If you would like to find out more about our used cooking oil collection system, contact us below and our team will answer all your questions: